I woke up feeling pretty good today and mostly healed from 16 miles on Saturday.
The right hip injury is weird and it hurts to lay on it but I can run on in. Anyway, I hope it heals completely.
I felt good while walking the dogs this morning and the temps were cool and breezy. It came a big rain last night so I think it will get muggy before the day is over.
Now for a rant about how much I hate gyms.
I decided I’d go there and do the precor bikes and eliptical for cross-training to rest my running muscles. I thought I may get an upper body workout also.
I’ve been paying $50 a month for this membership since Dec 2008. Now, that’s not much for a family membership but it may be if you don’t go but twice a year. I used to go everyday when I weighed ~300 lbs…and consequently, didn’t lose a single ounce.
So today, as usual, the place was crowded with the usual people. I’ve been going there off and on for 5 1/2 years and it never changes. In fact, many of the very same people are there doing the very same things and looking the very same way.
– people who jack the speed up on treadmills and hold on while walking fast
– people who don’t wipe their ass sweat off machines when they leave
– people who talk on the phone or text while on the equipment
– people who jack the speed up and have no resistance on the eliptical
– people who bring their kids in the gym area and it’s clearly stated DON’T DO THAT!
– people who wear cologne to workout
– the Lululemon spokesmodel with tons of makeup on and pretty hair worn down
– people who smell like smoke or just body odor
– people who sit on machines socializing with others..this isn’t a fucking night club
– people who grunt when they lift weights
– people who drop weights
– men with big, built arms and skinny legs…do some calf raises or something
– the machine hoarder – laying your personal shit on it while you move around
– farters – I may have on earphones but I don’t have on noseplugs
– people working out in jeans
– people who stay on the cardio equipment for more than 30 minutes when people are waiting (this is posted in big letters as a no-no)
– people who eat while working out. I once saw a big girl eating a bag of cheetos while on the precor bikes
– people who walk in the run lane
– people who change the channels without asking others in the cardio room
– people who don’t put away their weights
– people who sit around and watch your workout…get the fuck busy on your fat gut and stop watching me or others
– people who gather and openly make fun of others
– people who snap pictures of hot girls or fat people to facebook or send to their friends…(ok, maybe I did this once when a big girl was working out in a g-string type thingie…but only once. Oh, and the cheetos girl.)
– Naked people socializing in the locker room. My husband tells me old men are the worst…..he’s seen some things 🙂
– Selfie taking in the gym…and especially if I am in the frame. I don’t look good when I workout…neither did the selfie taker.
– people asking what my tattoos mean
– the unsolicited advisor on your form…get the fuck away
– people who don’t know a damn thing about proper form
– people looking for a date
– the no shirt guy (also posted as a no-no but no one cares)
~Love this article “10 Most Annoying People in the Gym”
*I’ve seen them all and most today*
Ok, I just finished off that bag of “Kettle Brand Barbeque Potato Chips” while typing this.