“Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call,
Wanted to sail upon your waters
since I was three feet tall.
You’ve seen it all, you’ve seen it all.”
~A Pirate Looks At Forty~ Jimmy Buffett
Today is “International Talk Like a Pirate Day” and I have always felt like I was a girl pirate in my past life…..
The first time that I heard the “A Pirate Looks at 40” by Jimmy Buffett….I have had a connection with that song.
I love how pirates dress and especially women, how they talk, their ruthlessness, riding the ocean, drinking, partying, ravaging and pillaging….and taking the spoils away in a treasure chest…
How do I know I was a pirate in another life?
01. I have a short temper. Pirates often got pissed quickly and did not hesitant to make mates walk the plank
02. I have an accent. I am from Tennessee and I have a very strong southern accent. Pirates have a particular accent and speech pattern and it’s hard to understand them also.
03. I have scars (both inside and out) and hard to manage hair. Pirates have scars or battle wounds, bad or rotten teeth and hard to manage hair. Well, I don’t have bad or rotten teeth but the rest..yeah
04. I love my pets. Pirates are often seen with parrots, monkeys etc as their sidekicks.
05. In my past, I had questionable moral character. Pirates rape, plunder and steal.
06. Many may say that my choice of clothing is bohemian, hippy, gypsy or pirate style. I love the flousy blouses, knickers, silk, sailor’s petticoats, hoop earrings, feathers, hat….etc. Pirates also dress damn cool.
07. I love the ocean and could live on a sailboat. Pirates would only live on the ocean in their pirate ships!
08. After 14 weeks of marathon training, I walk with a limp. Pirates also walk with a limp and they often have wooden peg legs.
09. I collect boots! I find them sexy, casual or dressy. Pirates rock the most awesome boots ever.
10. I love the sexy Jack Sparrow and Errol Flynn. All pirates look like these guys. Yes, I think they all wore eyeliner.
11. Oh, and I enjoy alcohol. Pirates drink plenty and especially rum. I got sick on rum when I was young…but I like the rest.
Pirate’s code: First freedom and the captain. Second the loot, third woman and the rum and at the end no mercy if they not immediately surrender!