Each Year End I Summarize My Year 🙂
- I turned 54.
- I finished recovering from my body and arm lift surgery from December.
- I enjoyed a flat stomach for the first time in my adult life (I still smile at this).
- I stayed married to my best friend.
- I stayed gainfully employed.
- My son and daughter in law are great parents to my kiddies.
- I found out in March that my brother Jimmy was very ill.
- I still lived in 2 wonderfully different cities (Columbia and St. Louis Missouri).
- I got to spend another year with the 2 lights of my life (Daniel and Sadie).
- My 2 dogs continue to make me a better person than before I had them in my life.
- I ran for the 3rd time in the St. Louis Annual St. Patrick’s Day 5 Miler.
- I ran Go! St. Louis Half Marathon in April for the 2nd time soon after I recovered from my surgery.
- Allison (my daughter in law) graduated from Nursing School with a Masters Degree at St. Louis University School of Nursing.
- I soon registered for my first marathon. (Rock ‘n Roll St. Louis)
- I trained 4 hard months for my first marathon and most during the heat of summer.
- I learned much about myself during marathon training.
- I ran a lot this year and never regretting one mile.
- Long training runs made me feel both like shit and invincible.
- I enjoyed wearing summer clothes for the first time in my adult life.
- I loved my body this past year….never said that before.
- Daniel spent a week in the summer with us in Columbia…maybe the best week of my life 🙂
- We didn’t go on a vacation this year to California and Las Vegas like we always do:-(
- I kept a blog all year!
- I got acquainted with many cool and great people on WordPress.
- I completed my first Marathon on Oct 19, 2014!!!!!! (Rock ‘n Roll Marathon – St. Louis)
- Having my family waiting for me at the finish line was emotional for me and one of the highlights of my life.
- I got to meet some Facebook runner friends that were running in the Rock ‘n Roll in STL
- I drove to Nashville, Tenn to be with my brother, Jimmy at his liver doctor visit. I hadn’t seen him in years.
- I spent a fun night out on the town with my baby sister, Barbara in Nashville who I haven’t seen in years.
- I didn’t see Barry or Beverly (brother and sister) at all this past year.
- I become Kaizen Leader training and certified.
- I spent more time alone in St. Louis this year than in the past.
- I wore Hoka One One running shoes for the first time and loved them.
- I spent Halloween with Daniel and Sadie in SoHa (South Hampton) in St. Louis…..I enjoyed it more than they did.
- My kids cooked an awesome Thanksgiving dinner for us in St. Louis…I was impressed.
- I was sad that Joe Cocker died.
- I made an ugly Christmas sweater and wore it!
- I enjoyed Christmas with my family and especially Daniel and Sadie.
- Daniel came to spend a couple of days with us in Columbia before the end of the year.
- James, Allison, Daniel and Sadie spent December 30 and New Years Eve with me in Columbia before heading back to St. Louis.
This has been a crazy year for me. I have the flat stomach that I’ve always dreamed of. I have spent a fortune on clothes like never before. I embarked on one of the hardest things I’ve ever done physically and mentally in my life…training to run 26.2 miles. I still get excited and stressed thinking about it. I also received sad news this year from my brother Jimmy.
I have eaten badly and drank too much.
This year has taught me so much more about my self than the rest of my years.
I am not sure what 2015 will bring but I will try very hard to appreciate every moment and live in the present and not worry about the future like I tend to do.
Happy New Year 2015!